- Korean Language Institute
- Korean Regular Course
- Korean Language Regular Course is an annual program for foreign high school students who are 15 years or older. The Korean Regular Course offers four quarters(Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) of regular programs every year. The course consists of different levels to cater to all levels of Korean language ability.
- Academic Schedule
|2012||Spring||March. 5~May. 16||Students will be notified by e-mail later||mid Feb.|
|Summer||June. 4~Aug. 13||mid May|
|Fall||Sep. 3~Nov. 13||mid Aug|
|Winter||Dec. 3~Feb. 13||mid Nov.|
- Course Outline
|Hour||Monday ~ Friday|
|1st~2nd Classes (09:00~10:50)||Korean Language Combined Class|
|3rd (11:00~11:50)||Practical conversation|
|4th Classes (12:00~12:50)||Special Language Class Classified by Skill
(Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, etc)
- Classes are held five times a week (Monday to Friday) and for 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week. Students learn 10 hours of new vocabulary and grammar, through practicing real communicational situations and 4 hours of intensive speaking. Also there will be discipline class, 2 hour classes of listening, reading(pronunciation), and writing in order to increase Korean ability during the week.
- Opening 3 Levels : Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced level
- Each class is approximately 10 to 15 students.
- Team teaching : two teachers are charged with one class
- Learning Korean culture class and experience, field trip, special activity and understanding Korean Culture.
- Students who have completed the advanced level(Level 6) can register for the advanced research class(Irregular Class)
- Level Organization
|Beginner 1||Beginner 2||Intermediate 1||Intermediate 2||Advanced 1||Advanced 2|
- Level description and Education Goal
- Beginner 1 :
- Students learn basic Korean in everyday life such as Greeting, Self-instruction, Buying, Promise, Asking a way.
- Students read and write basic Korean sentences correctly.
- Students learn Korean culture through dining and greeting etiquette.
- Beginner 2 :
- Students learn the necessary conversation for stores, restaurants, post offices, banks etc.
- Students learn the brief everyday writing such as letters, requests, memos etc.
- Intermediate 1 :
- Students learn the main subjects in school, work, social and abstract issues through reading and the syllabus.
- Students can express their opinion on complicated daily issues.
- Students learn Korean ways of thinking through usual common sayings and express usage.
- Intermediate 2 :
- Students can explain properly the situation that occurs in daily life and circumstance.
- Students learn current social issues, accident, culture, custom, environment through social and abstract readings in Korean.
- Students learn through reading a simple newspaper article, essay, tv program.
- Students can precisely express their own task of work and communication skills using special vocabulary.
- Students learn Korean national holidays and customs.
- Advanced 1 :
- Students can express their opinion on the main subjects related to politics, economy, society, culture area.
- Students learn how to speak and write in formal and informal situations and in oral and written expressions.
- Students learn various and necessary expressions and skills for in university lectures, fast-reading, lecture listening, note, discussion, presentation, and research writing.
- Students can expand their knowledge in terms of Korean economic, politics, history, culture, etc.
- Advanced 2 :
- Students learn the necessary languages and subjects in graduate school or work environment in order to fulfill it exactly and fluently.
- Students deal with various subjects throughout the Korean society.
- Students learn to understand and write for editorials, articles, reports, short thesis, official documents, broadcasting discussion, etc.
- Students learn advanced speaking and writing in terms of communication habits of general Korean people.
- Korean Culture Experience Program and Field Trip
- Students participate in co-curricular experience programs such as various culture classes and field trip and completion ceremony in addition to regular classes