- CAMPUS LIFE
- Central Library
- Library Hours
|5th||General Reading Room||06:00~24:00|
|3rd||Natural Science/Arts/Language & Literature|
|2nd||Serials/Thesis & Dissertation||Closed|
|1st||Electronic Information Room|
|General Reading Room||06:00~24:00|
|B1||General Reading Room||00:00~24:00|
- Library hours may be changed during exam periods. Changes are notified on the Library website. (http://lib.cu.ac.kr)
- Library Services
- Circulation Services
- The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them
|User Type||Books||Loan Period|
|Faculty||50 Books||90 days|
|Instructor||15 Books||30 days|
|Graduate||15 Books||30 days|
|Undergraduate||7 Books||10 days|
- Book Circulation Methods
- Self-Check machines are the primary means of circulating books. If the machines are out of order, or if you need other assistance, you can go to the Desk
- Self-Check machines
- Self-Check machines that allows registered users to check library books in and out on their own without assistance of library staff are on the 3rd and the 4th floor. Each machine is located near the entrance. Transactions require your CU ID card and password.
- Renewing loans
- You can renew your loans on CUL(http://lib.cu.ac.kr).
If you for some reason can’t access CUL, please contact the library staff by phone (during opening hours : ☏ 850-3483). They will help you renew your loans. If a book has been requested by other user, you cannot renew the loan.
- Retuning books
- Return or renew your loans before the due date. A Courtesy notice is sent by e-mail before the loan expires, provided your e-mail address is registered at the “Jonghapjungbo system”(종합정보시스템).
When the library is open, loans are returned to the return box at the Information Desk on the 1st floor
- Accompanying Materials
- These are such materials as CD-ROMs, Diskettes, and Audio Tapes that are published with books, separate from the book, and can be borrowed separately at the Circulation Desk(3rd, 4th floor).
- refer to “Service Desk”, 6 page.
- General services
- Laptop / Wireless
- You may bring a laptop computer to the library to access all the library databases through the internet and you can connect wireless internet anywhere in the library. If you need more help, please call 850-2629.(Information Technology Center)
- Book purchase request
- If you'd like to suggest that a book be bought and added to the collection, you can complete the purchase request form.
The Form can be found under the "My library" section on the Catholic University of Daegu, Library home page(http://lib.cu.ac.kr).
The Library has limited book budget for each patron.
- Photocopy machines (1st, 2nd ,3rd ,4th floor)
- Photocopy machines are available on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th floors of the library. The machines accept copy cards. Copy cards can be purchased at “Copying Room” located on the Basefloor.
If you have questions or problems with the photocopy machines, ask at the Desk on each floor.
- Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan Services (1st floor)
- This service provides copies of materials not possessed by our library.
Document Delivery of the whole monographs is not possible.
Article in the serial publications can be requested individually.
Renewal of an interlibrary loan must be requested at least one week before the due date.
- Library collections
- Library collections and materials are organized by call numbers, which are derived from the Korean Decimal Classification System.
- Books (3rd, 4th floor)
- Books are on the 3rd/4th floor. To check books in and out, please use the Self Check machine. If you need staff assistance, please contact the desk librarian
- Reference Materials (3rd, 4th floor)
- Reference materials include dictionaries, directories, encyclopedias, statistics, etc. These volumes must be used in the Library.
- Magazine/ Journal (2nd floor)
- Popular magazines and academic journals are located the 2nd floor. The current issues of journals are located in the separate area.
Please note that journals can’t be checked out.
These volumes must be used in the library.
Electronic journals can be accessed through library's homepage.
- Thesis & Dissertations (2nd floor)
- Thesis and dissertations are on the 2nd floor. Thesis and dissertations’ locations can be found by searching the Library’s online catalog. These volumes must be used in the library.
- Multimedia (1st floor)
- Videocassettes, audio tapes, CD-ROMs, DVDs, VCD and etc. are located the 1st floor.
The Library collects electronic materials in many formats and types. Examples are journals, databases and books. The Library‘s homepage is the access point for all of these electronic materials, which can be searched and read with the computerson the campus. Also you can access the electronic materials out of the campus with "Off-Campus Access"service.
- Enterance / Seat Assignment System
- 1. Enterance : Read your student's card on the RF Reader to access the library.
- 2. How to use the Seat Assignment System :
- -Read your student's card on the RF Reader.
- -Select the reading room and the seat in the map on the monitor.
- -Take your assigned seat; and remember your seat number.
- -If you finished using the seat, please terminate your seat allocation through the seat returning machine, located library entarance.
- Service Desk
|4th floor||Humanities/Social Sciences
|3rd floor||Natural Sciences/Arts/Language & Literatures
|2nd floor||Serials / Thesis & Dissertations
|ㆍSerials and Thesis & Dissertations service
ㆍDocument Delivery & Interlibrary Loan service
|1st floor||Electronic Information Room
ㆍMultimedia Circulation service
ㆍLibrary guide service (from 09:00 to 17:00)
- Conduct of Library Users
- To maintain a quiet study atmosphere in the library only whispering or soft talking is permitted in most areas.
- Use of cellular phones is prohibited and should be switched off on entering the library.
- Food, beverages and smoking are not permitted in the library.
- Academic study in the libraries is the priority.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended. The libraries will not be responsible for any loss or damages of personal belongings.
- Copyright law should be strictly observed by all library users when making copies of library materials.
- You can have your seats through the seat assignment system.
- If you need more help, please contact on the library website or call 850-3489.